Pinterest can be a great tool for planning your next vacation. You can use it to find inspiration for where you want to go, get ideas for activities to do while you’re there, get packing ideas, and more!
For more travel tips and unique destination ideas, sign up for Michelle Valentine's email newsletter.
Keep in mind, Pinterest is not a social networking site – meaning, you’re not there to connect with friends – you’re there to privately connect yourself to new, dreamy photos.
Here is how you can use a Pinterest travel board to get inspiration for your next vacation:
1. Set up a Pinterest account if you don’t already have one.
2. Create a new board for your travel inspiration and name it something like “Vacation Ideas.”
3. Start browsing through Pinterest and pin any images that catch your eye and seem like they would make good vacation ideas. Try to focus on things like landscapes, landmarks, activities, and experiences that you think would be enjoyable and memorable.
4. Once you’ve found a few pins that you really love, take some time to read through the descriptions and comments to get more information about the locations featured in the images. This can help you narrow down your options and decide which places are the best fit for your interests and budget.
5. When you’ve finally decided on a destination, start planning your trip by creating another board specifically for that location. Use this board to pin hotel and flight deals, restaurants, things to do, etc. This will make booking your trip and packing for it much easier!
See photos and information you love here on the MichelleValentine.tv website?
Great news! We’ve added a special “Pinterest Save” button all throughout this website!
Here’s 3 easy steps to pin directly from this website:
To pin photos (with blog post information) from this website, simply hover over your desired image. Practice with the image below.
While hovering over the photo, a red Pinterest “Save” button will appear in the top left corner of the photo – click it, and a pop-up window will appear.
Choose your “Vacation Ideas” board by clicking on the Pinterest “Save” button again and the image will be pinned to your board.
Done! When you’re planning your trip, look through your Pinterest board for ideas and inspiration. To re-visit all the information where the image was, just click on it!