This post contains affiliate links, which we earn commission from, at no cost to you.
Dear Michelle Valentine,
Please tell me what I can do when a man approaches me at a singles’ event. I went to one of your singles events recently, and a handsome man approached me, expecting some sort of conversation, and I just said “Nice party, huh?”
After a few minutes of dead silence, he excused himself and practically ran away from me!
I didn’t blame him, but what else could I have done?
So sorry to hear of your missed opportunity for meeting a single, handsome man!
Here are a few questions that would have started some great conversations:
- What an unusual tie you’re wearing – what are those little pictures on it?
- Did it take you long to get here, or do you work close by?
- You’re a physician – private practice or do you work at a hospital?
- How did you hear of this event?
- Did you try the delicious spinach and lobster dip yet?
Remember, just a bit of friendly and light-hearted chatter is all you need to see if any sparks start to fly!